Mother aborts baby because she cannot cope with morning sickness

Cheryl Harrison, 34, suffered from unrelenting vomiting so severe that it left her with dangerously high blood pressure and so weak she was unable to stand. In the end, she decided she could not proceed with the pregnancy and, at nine weeks, opted for an abortion. She said: ''It was the most horrendous decision I have ever made. I know I can't have any more children, even if they develop a treatment for morning sickness. ''I had severe hypertension, I was putting my life in danger and I sacrificed my baby's life. I could never risk that again.”

A spokesman for the anti-abortion campaigners ProLife Alliance supported Dr Swallow’s argument for more research and said: “'We sympathise with Mrs Harrison and understand that she was going through extreme suffering during her pregnancy. However rather than women thinking that they have to resort to abortion as a solution, doctors should be educating themselves into the extreme effects of morning sickness and providing more help.” Telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment