MUST READ: Planned Parenthood Kept Me in the Dark on My Abortion

Abby Johnson describes her medical abortion and Planned Parenthood's lack of informed consent:
Looking back on my tonsillectomy and my abortion, one thing really stands out. When my ENT was going over all of these crazy risks, I was kind of thinking, “Hey, can you just not tell me any of this.” But then I was grateful. Because if I woke up and I wasn’t able to talk, or if my two front teeth were all busted up, at least I would have known that was a possibility. At least I had the choice to back out. With my abortion, I wasn’t given that choice. They didn’t tell me what was really going to happen to me…because they didn’t want to “scare” me? So much for freedom of choice. 
Here is another glaring contrast. When my ENT was explaining the risks to me, I became nervous. But as he was calming my fears, I remember him saying, “Don’t worry, none of this has ever happened before to any of my patients.” That made me feel better. But the same cannot be said of abortion…particularly medication abortion. Women have died from medication abortion. Thousands of women have had very serious complications. I saw many of them with my own eyes…I was one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment