The Unofficial Olympic Sport

Life Issues Institute - The Latest News: The Unofficial Olympic Sport: Hurdler Lolo Jones was famously quoted as saying, “If there’s virgins out there, I just want to let them know, it’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. Harder than training for the Olympics, harder than graduating from college, has been to stay a virgin before marriage.” Bradley Mattes comments:
What does this say about our culture? These young people embrace an extreme heightened sense of discipline when it comes to training their bodies for an athletic event. Yet, when one of them chooses to exercise such discipline in the realm of sexual purity, it is ridiculed. Isn’t it ironic that freedom of “choice” is so often trumpeted by the media, yet this young woman’s choice is mocked?
To call it hypocrisy is an understatement. As a parent, I’ve been faced with the question of why those who choose purity face such abrasive opposition. This is what I shared with my sons, “At any moment you could choose to live like them; however they can never again be like you.”
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment