My hour with an abortion doctor

Dr. Deborah Oyer’s radical roots run deep. Grass roots activism was a defining part of her upbringing, but she was “not really a good person out at rallies.” Instead she sought to make a difference by practicing medicine: “I tend to try and make my mark this way as opposed to that.” Oyer started out in family medicine, but soon “felt incompetent all the time” due to the breadth of expertise required in general practice. She preferred instead to focus on one area, learning “a lot about a little.” This is what eventually led her to become an abortion provider: “I love what I do, it allows my political activism to be my day-to-day life.” Terra Mork blog

Editor: This is part 3 of Terra's reflections on a pro-choice seminar she attended.

No comments:

Post a Comment