The day I killed

LifeSiteNews: Abortion was my only option. My decision was solely based on selfishness. I didn’t want this baby. I couldn’t wait to get rid of the heaviness I felt just from carrying the awareness that a baby was growing inside of me.

A quick trip to Dallas ensued. I ducked like a coward when my boyfriend and I passed the picketers across from Planned Parenthood’s abortion center. I met conviction. Outside the clinic felt dark. Oppressive. Tormenting. It was excruciating. With cold sweats and heart racing, I could not wait to get inside. And relieved I was when we entered the welcoming area.

Oh, the deception! There was peace. Many were smiling. . . . It was there I killed. Was it a boy? Was it a girl? I don’t know. But this I do know – today, I love that child.

No comments:

Post a Comment