Washington abortionist likens himself to MLK

Washington doctor speaks out against ban on late-term abortions - The Washington Post: Willie Parker, a Washington-based obstetrician, is a doctor who has performed late-term abortions. He stands to be directly affected should the District of Columbia Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act pass. An obstetrician for two decades, Parker began performing abortions eight years ago, largely out of what he says was concern for women’s needs going unmet. He is primarily based in Washington and Philadelphia but also travels monthly to see patients in Alabama.

In this interview, he likens himself to Martin Luther King, Jr. "For the first 12 years of my medical career, I didn’t provide abortions. I did think about the moral complexities, and I also thought a lot about what Dr. King has said about having concern for other people. I was more concerned about what might happen to them than what might happen to me. And I feel like that’s an appropriate value system to operate around. . . . I choose to focus on the important service I’m providing to women."

When asked why it's important for him to work in Alabama, he says, "The reality of abortion is that women who are most likely to have one are women of poverty and of color. So this was a decision to serve women where I’m from, and an effort to go where the need is greatest."

Editor: What a nice guy.

Related:
Abortionist: banning abortions of babies who feel pain would ‘conflate murder and abortion’
WaPo’s Softball Interview with Late-Term Abortionist Willie Parker
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment