Jim Caviezel: Pro-Life More Important Than My Career

Movie star Jim Caviezel says being pro-life is more important to him than this acting career. In a new interview, Caviezel talks about his reason for opposing abortion and the adoption that changed his life and family. Caviezel and his wife Kari recently became adoptive parents to an orphaned boy and girl from China. He said the adoptions changed his life in ways he never imagined. "I always thought if I adopted that I wouldn't have the same feeling [as I would] if they were genetically my own children. Nothing could be further from the truth." The actor said a challenge from a colleague sparked his interest in pursuing an adoption. "This guy I know said, 'You're pro-life. Tell you what, if you really believe in what you speak, adopt a child — not any child, he’s got to have a serious deficiency,' (and I will become pro-life). He never changed his (position), but it convicted me." He added: "And I don't love my career that much to say, 'I'm going to remain silent on this.' I'm defending every single baby who has never been born." LifeNews

No comments:

Post a Comment