Reflection on prayer, from Colleen Tronson

"Call unto Me, and I will answer thee, and I will answer thee and show thee great and might things, which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3

"Be careful for nothing: but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

My husband calls Jeremiah 33:3 "God's Phone Number." I love that because there are times in life and ministry when I am searching for discernment for a personal or counseling situation that is very complex or "messy" and I start to think (in my humanness) that there is no answer. Then I remember this verse and WOW-Call on the Lord; He has the answer! In the flesh I can't solve the problem and I can't see the end of the situation right now, but an answer will come and in His time.

Philippians 4:6-7 then reminds me to PRAY and ASK for direction for myself and the situation. God promises that His PEACE will keep me from worry and unbelief and I don't have to "stress" out about any situation. I have a sign on my computer that says, "Good Morning, This is God. I will be handling all of your problems today. I will not need your help." I don't know if this happens to anyone else or not, but I am thankful that God keeps reminding me that He's in charge and that my job is to pray, apply the Word, and wait on His timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment