Woman says she killed boyfriend after he attacked her for refusing abortion

Woman says she killed boyfriend after he attacked her for refusing abortion | LifeSiteNews.com: Melinda Morin, 29, is charged with second-degree murder in the stabbing death of Barry Neil Godwin. Morin testified in court that her refusal to abort their baby caused Godwin to become enraged.

“I told him I didn’t want to go for an abortion. I’d keep the baby and I wouldn’t bother him. I’d take care of it myself,” Morin told her lawyer, Mitch Stephensen, during the trial. “But he didn’t want to know there was a kid out there that was his. He was upset and he wanted me to have an abortion. No way around it. So I was trying to leave.”

2 comments:

  1. Well I guess it must be okay to murder someone for not wanting a crack addicted baby brought into the world to join the rest of it's siblings in foster care...how about just walking away. Neil was a wonderful, loving, caring person that did not deserve to die and it sickens me to think that this woman might ralley any supporters due to an alleged abortion confrontation. Thoughts and prayers are with the Godwin family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your comment. In no way do we endorse violence as a response to abortion. Very often, it's the woman refusing abortion that is killed by an angry father of the child. Studies show that murder is the most frequent cause of death for pregnant women.

    So, are you saying she attacked him without cause? That it wasn't in self-defense?

    I must, however, take issue with your implication that a crack-addicted, orphaned child deserves death.

    ReplyDelete