Encouragement from Colleen Tronson

The director of the Metro Women's Center in Crystal, MN, writes: "Since before Thanksgiving when my father-in-law passed away, things have seemed a bit 'off.' There have been clear moments, and then CRASH! Everything seems to happen at once: my car went haywire, my parents were ill, my dear friend Diane's mother passed away, one of our volunteers is in hospice care, another on dialysis for kidney trouble. Another volunteer had her knee replaced, so we miss her smiley face around the office. Abortion foes are plentiful, and some clients decided to 'fall (leap) off the spiritual wagon' by making some not-so-wise choices."

How often have you had a week like this? Colleen goes on:

"But in the midst of it all the LORD has been holding us up. I have been thinking 'Where can we go to get all of our needs met, if not to the LORD?'

"My dear husband shared this passage of scripture with me that seemed to be just the ticket! Psalm 27:11-14: 'Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of my enemies. Deliver me not over unto the will of my enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.'

"I often have a hard time remembering the address of Bible passages, but this one I will remember because I am linking it to a 7-Eleven store--you know, the place where you can get just about anything you need! Just like with the Lord, who gives us everything we need! We don't have to faint because we know the goodness of the LORD and can go to Him at any time for help in times of trial!

"Well, so as not to leave you thinking that all is tragic, here is some great news! This week two women prayed with us to receive the LORD as personal Savior! Chisago Lakes Baptist Church did a diaper drive, providing 29 more bags of diapers! . . . A long-time client has been making beautiful progress and plans to be baptized, and during this season, two babies lives were spared from abortion."

No comments:

Post a Comment