"Receptionist" vs. "Director of First Brand Impressions"

"Receptionist" vs. "Director of First Brand Impressions": In my years of calling hundreds of organizations and dealing with countless 'phone receptionists,' I've often been given bad information, talked to as if I were an imposition rather than a valued caller, put on interminable hold, felt like I had just woken the person up, or been treated downright rudely. Heck, sometimes I don't even get past the receptionist and I'm already questioning whether or not I want to do business with this group.

Take the test yourself. Call your own organization, and then ask, 'Was I received in a way that would make me want to call this organization again?' What's it take to turn a 'receptionist' into an effective 'Director of First Impressions'?

No comments:

Post a Comment