Urgent prayer needed for Papua New Guinea

Missionary Lori Smith writes: "Last week there was another ambush and two young men from Kenimaro were mercilessly murdered by their enemies from Napamagona and Katagu. A huge confrontation has been planned for Monday [today]. PLEASE PRAY. Each of the warriors coming to the clinic have been just exploding with hatred. I spent time with each one...pleading with them to bring to an end this senseless destruction.

"One young man was almost captured and murdered with his friends. I held his face in my hands and made his eyes meet mine as I poured out my heart of concern. Would he have been ready to meet God had he
been killed [last] Monday? Was he ready now? He would not answer me. I prayed over him, but not with him and my heart just broke. 19 or 20 years of his life now...and if God does not intervene it may be the end for him. My tears have not ceased as I see his face in my heart!

"There are too many guns for the police to intervene. They contacted Bill [Lori's husband] warning him of the conflict that seems imminent, and letting him know they have just decided to let them shoot it out among themselves. Our dear ones at Kokinaga are in the middle of this conflict. Pray for safety!! PRAY for PEACE."

On a happier note, Lori writes that they debuted their new ultrasound machine Saturday. "We finally were able to find the power source large enough and safe enough to power our huge blessing up and let her go!! Wow! What an amazing picture, but a healthy pregnancy was not what Cathi and her husband were wanting to see displayed so perfectly on the ultrasound screen. Pray for them to love and accept this precious little on as a gift from God."

No comments:

Post a Comment