Let this be the last word on the blog this Good Friday

Tim Jackson writes: On this good-est of Fridays, we need to focus on what perfect love is all about.

Sacrifice.

You see, whenever I question whether or not I’m truly loved, I mean deeply loved for who I am–warts and all, there is one place I’m always drawn back to. One moment in time that is undeniably clear. It’s historical. It’s believable. And it’s true. And I go back and touch it to remind myself, “This is real! This is core!”

Where do I go?

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us

This is the bedrock of my faith–my touchstone. There is a place in time and space where God proved to me that he loves me. It’s the cross. It’s the day when perfect love collided with perfect holiness and justice was satisfied. And the Innocent died for the guilty. God punished his Son in my place.

Whenever I reflect on that singular truth, I’m undone. I’m left speechless. I have nothing to say. All my arguments, objections, doubts, and fears are crushed in the embrace of God’s overwhelming love for me.

I am loved.

And so are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment